Monday, July 15, 2013

Music Monday -- Little Moments by Brad Paisley

This song isn't new by any means, but it is one that is on my mind today. I've mentioned this song before, and how it took on a whole new meaning early one morning in 2004.  As I thought about what to write for today, this song came to mind again.

I know the song is talking about the "little moments" in relationships, but for me, this song is such a great reminder that we should hang onto all of the little moments in our lives. Stein Ove Fenne, our Tupperware President, always says "We don't remember days, we remember moments." It's so true.

One of the reasons that I'm remembering little moments today, is that it would have been my Granddaddy Harvey's birthday. He died in 1997, when I was 12 years old. Over the years, the memories of him have been fading, but it's definitely the little moments that I remember with him.

As a kid, I was obsessed with playing school. I would make worksheets that my pretend students would have to complete. Of course, no teacher could have only one copy of a worksheet, so he would take me to the post office, or the local copy shop to make copies of my homemade worksheets.

When I was in the 6th grade, the year before he died, he picked me up from school everyday, so that I wouldn't have to ride the bus. On the way home, we'd always stop at a little convenience store and he would buy me a Dr. Pepper or a Pepsi and a slice of Hoop Cheese.

Today when I think of the time that I spend with my family, especially with Parker and Maggie, I definitely cherish the little things. As Brad Paisley said "I live for... little moments... like that."

*****
Monday Link Ups: Monday Mingling, Funday Monday
 photo signature_zps58d7c921.png


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails