Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Baby (Rain) Shower

I know in my last post, I said that I was going to be posting more, but then I got busy.. more on that to come... but I'm back today with yet another baby shower post!

You might remember the Sugar and Spice Baby Shower that I threw last year for my cousin Megan. It has been one of the most popular posts on my blog, and I've had several people email me with questions and requests to make their invitations, etc. I absolutely LOVE being contacted and helping other people plan their events.

Anyway... Megan wasted no time giving Reagan a sibling! Today is Reagan's first birthday, and her baby brother Justin is due on July 13, but could really be born any day now. Back in May, we threw a very small baby shower, a "sprinkle" of sorts for Megan and Baby Justin. I decided to go with a literal "Shower" theme and have lots of blues and whites and raindrops. It turned out so cute! Here are the details:

The Invitation: I kept the invite very simple. The wording says "Have you heard the forecast? A baby boy is predicted! But first, there must be a shower."

The Decorations: I also kept the decorations very simple. I'd seen a lot of showers with this theme that had clouds made of tissue paper pom poms with hanging raindrops. I kind of took that idea and simplified it even more to make it more 2D to mimic the invitation. I had 4 hanging clouds and in the center of the room, I hung a blue umbrella upside down and had raindrops hanging from it. 


Instead of making one large diaper cake, I decided to do several small diaper cakes kind of like clouds for the tables. On each one, I added a raindrop on the top. They were placed in the center of the table, and larger raindrops were placed on either side. 


On the table where opened gifts would be placed, I hung a banner that simply said "Baby Justin" on individual raindrops, with the cloud picture from the invitations. 

The Food: Coming up with the food was one of the toughest parts. I wanted things that represented rain, but there isn't a whole lot out there without getting creative. Here's what I came up with: 
Menu
Cupcakes 
frosted with blue icing and topped with cloud pics that I made using the cloud image from the invitations
Peanuts
served in "umbrellas" that I made by attaching a short lollipop stick to the inside of a patterned cupcake liner
Lady Fingers 
made in the shape of clouds
Rain Drop Sugar Cookies 
I made my own cookie cuter using an aluminum can, and frosted with blue cooking icing. 
Rainbow Fruit Kabobs
Cloudy Sky Jello Cups
I used this tutorial
Rainwater Punch
I have no idea what the recipe for this is, my Aunt made it. 

It was a small shower, and a simple theme, but still a lot of work to put together. I love how everything turned out.  Now all that we need is for Baby Justin to make his arrival! 

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That looks like such a cute shower!!! I never liked that I'd heard people were only supposed to have baby showers for their first born, but this is such a good way to welcome another new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! Loved this themed baby shower party. Will hire party planner and will recommend him to arrange such a great party for my sister at Chicago venues. Will plan everything in nice way to surprise her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails