Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What Will It Bee? Baby Shower

It's been a pretty heavy week so far here on the blog, so today I decided to lighten things up a little bit, by sharing with you a baby shower that I actually threw last year. (Yes, I'm just getting around to blogging about it...and the baby is almost 4 months old... better late than never, right?)

This shower was kind of 'thrown together' at the last minute. We had planned a date, but my cousin's Grandma had been in the hospital for a long time, so we didn't know if we were going do it when originally planned, or wait until after the baby was born. We went ahead as planned.  It was a small intimate gathering, but it was a lot of fun.

Wayne & Jessica decided that they were not going to find out the sex of the baby... so the theme had to be gender neutral. I was worried at first about what to do, but I turned to my trusty friend, Pinterest, for inspiration. I had a lot of big plans for this shower, but since I only had about 2 weeks definite notice, I scaled it back a lot, and then time ran out, and I had to make some other 'cuts.' But as things often do, everything came together.

Here are the details:
The Invitation
I designed the invitation, pulling in my favorite parts of some that I'd seen on Pinterest. 

 The Food
Menu:
Cupcakes
Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
Lady Fingers
Cheese "Hives" (Like Cheese Straws, but made in the shape of bee hives)
Cream Puffs (Regular, and Chocolate Covered)
Honey Nut Cheerios Bites (I used these and cut in fourths)
Peanuts in Yellow Booties*
Lemonade
How cute is that Bee Hive drink dispenser

As you can see in some of the pics, I had menu cards to match the invitation. 

Decorations
I went very light on the decorations this time around. 
I used black and yellow netting to go above the windows, just to add some color. 

Black table cloths, yellow bee printed squares in the center, and a mini-diaper cake.

Other Details
Mommy and Daddy to 'bee' wore these little 'badges.' The bees are pink and blue to match the guessing game that we played. 

Guests taped up a blue bee if they guessed a boy and a pink bee if they guessed a girl.  As you can see, a lot of people guessed boy... and those people were right! 

Favors
The favors were candles with a label that said "Than you for bee-ing at Wayne & Jessica's Baby Shower!"


Not bad for something that was 'thrown together.'  I love planning and throwing these parties. Have you been to a shower lately? What was the theme? 

*I promise, a tutorial on these booties is coming soon... I have some to make in a month or two.

*****
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! That beehive drink dispenser is cute. I love all the incorporation of the word "bee."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails