Thursday, April 11, 2013

Nine

Nine...
...the number of innings in a baseball game.
...the number of Justices on the US Supreme Court.
...the atomic number of Fluorine.
...the number of squares on a Tic-Tac-Toe board.
...the number of years without my Grandma.

Nine years... one year less than a decade. I really can't believe it's been that long. April 11, 2004 changed my life forever. I find myself missing my Grandma Nellie now, more than ever. With each new baby born, with each new milestone reached, with each new health scare for my Granddaddy... I miss her.
This picture was taken in 2002, at a celebration for my Grandma & Granddaddy's 45th Wedding Anniversary. They would never celebrate 50. 

I so wish my Grandma were here to see these babies grow up. 

I know that my Grandma Nellie is in a much better place. I long more for Heaven, than I ever did before. Every single time I hear this song, I cry, thinking of my Grandma. 

"Knowing You'll Be There" sung by Samuel Jones at Kings Crossroads FWB Church. (my church)



I love you Grandma... and I miss you every single day.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Those memories never leave you and I think you never stop wishing your loved ones were around for special moments. This spring marked 11 years since both my grandfathers passed away and this fall will be 5 years for my grandmother. There are so many things I regret they didn't get to see or won't get to see in the future. It really encourages me to enjoy the time I spend with my loved ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails