Thursday, March 28, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Prom Style

Last week, Lauren from On a Lighter Note... shared her prom dresses from high school.  I loved the idea, and since we are coming into Prom Season, I figured that for this week's installment of Throwback Thursday, I would share mine.

Let's start with Sophomore Sweet Sixteen.  This is kind of a 'prom' that the parents throw right after school gets out.  It was my first 'formal' event.


I actually had this dress made. Finding a prom dress as a fat girl is hard. I like it back then, and I guess it's not too terrible now.  

Now onto Junior Prom. Again, I had my dress made. 

Woah pink! The long shawl thing was ok... The straps of the dress were actually rhinestones. I wore a tiara... because I could. Look at those bangs... 

My favorite prom dress was from Senior Year.  I've looked and looked for the formal picture and I can't find it anywhere.  I'm at my mom's for Easter weekend... and I still can't find it. I will have to keep looking and update y'all later. 

For Senior prom, I was tired of having my dresses made.  I wanted to go buy a prom dress like every other girl.  So, we looked and looked, and finally found a shop that sold Plus Size formal gowns... it also came at a price.  The dress was over $300.  My mom agreed to pay half, and I had to pay the other half since I was working.  It was a pretty purple one shoulder dress that had an ombre effect and became pink. It had beads and rhinestones and was a ballgown.  I loved my hair, and actually wore a rose from my Aunt's rose bush in my hair. Here's the only picture that I can find. 

I blacked out the other girl's face just to protect her privacy.  I guess we had some kind of luau theme since I have the lei on.  I loved this dress.  I actually sold it recently at a consignment shop... so now some other girl is enjoying it for prom... even 10 years later. 

Notice no dates in the pictures?  Yeah, I didn't have any. 


*****
Linking up with:

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Wore a tiara because I could! Why didn't I think of that? I didn't wear a tiara, but I did wear some silver beads that were supposed to be table decoration around my neck all night long. I guess I thought it was Mardi Gras.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH PROM! I only went to prom my Junior year as I was at a national championship my senior year... I LOVED Homecoming and Prom though and getting dressed up! I wore gloves for prom that came to my elbows thinking I was the cats meow! It was a horrifying night, but I wouldn't have missed it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails