Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Dating Disasters

button
Today, Brin and Allie are hosting a Dating Disasters link up. We've all had sucktacular dates, so why not share our horror stories and compare notes?! I've had my fair share of crappy experiences with guys, so I decided to participate. (I promise that all of this week's posts won't be relationship related!)

It's kind of hard for me to pick a 'worst date,' I haven't really dated a whole lot. My past relationships have been kind of weird, the way that they've just 'happened,' Even with my boyfriends, there have been some crappy dates.  I could tell you all about the guy who started talking about children on the 2nd date and almost demanded that I take a pregnancy test because he didn't want to have kids... or I could tell you about the guy who got mad when I ordered a glass of wine and actually said "I can take you to the store to get a bottle for cheaper.".. or the guy whose idea of a dinner date was Sonic. All of those are fun stories... but I chose a different date to tell you lovelies about today...

The night I got engaged. You may be wondering why it was my "worst" date, but after you read it, I'm sure that you will agree that it was pretty crappy.

It was a Friday night... July 7, 2006, to be exact. I had worked all day, and I knew that Will was coming up so that we could visit his mom who was in the hospital in my town. (He lived about 2 hours away, and our hospital is one of the best around.)  I was talking to him on the phone, and he told me that he had a surprise for me when he got there.

We went to visit his mom in the hospital, and she told me that she was so glad that I was a part of their family, and it would be a gift to her, if I gave her a grandchild. (Um, what?! Weirdness for sure.)

Then, Will and I went to eat dinner.  Earlier, I had received coupons from work for a steakhouse, so Will suggested that we go there. I agreed... not knowing what was about to happen.  When we drove up to the restaurant, Will said, "Let's not get out yet."  I said, "ok" and then he pulled a ring out of his pocket. I was in total shock because we had only been dating for like 6 weeks. (Yes, that should have been a HUGE red flag.) He went into this whole spill about how he knew it was quick but that he couldn't imagine his life without me... blah blah blah. He cried, I cried, and eventually said "yes."  Then, we got out of the car, and went to eat our discounted meal.

So, at 21, I was proposed to in my car, in front of a steakhouse. Then, we celebrated by eating a meal that was partly paid with by coupons.  At least he did "let" me get dessert...  It ended up being one of my 'worst' dates because of all of the crap that I went through afterwards...

Great proposal story, huh?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails