Thursday, February 21, 2013

Throwback Thursday: I Used to be Skinny

Megan over at Just a Small Town Girl is hosting a Throwback Thursday Link Up today.  I've written some pretty long posts this week, so I thought this would be a little fun thing to throw in there.  You should check out her blog and link up too!

Throwback Thursday

I went through the (limited amount of) old photos that I have on my computer and discovered something... I used to be skinny! I even have some pictures to prove it... too bad they are all before the age of say, 5... There were a couple of pictures from my later elementary school years, and it looks like I was already plumping up by first grade.

Here I am, dressed in my Sunday Best, obviously getting ready to go to church, with Bible in hand. (But someone should have told me to sit a little more lady like, huh?)

I've always had those chubby cheeks, but it looks like they run in our family, because Parker and Maggie both have them too!

Here's another pic, taken somewhere before 1990 or 1991... so I was probably 5 at the time. My first reaction to this picture is "What was I wearing?!"

Apparently, I was trying to be a little fashionista. I'm not too sure about that one piece romper (complete with fake suspenders?) thing that I'm wearing, but I'm kinda digging those red accessories. And how forward thinking of me to pair turquoise and red! My second reaction to this picture is "Look at that eye roll!" Guess what people... that eye roll has never gone away... I still do that (unconsciously) today.

They say a picture is worth 1,000 words... today, these pictures are saying, "Oh to be skinny five again!"

*****
Ady from When In Doubt Just Add Glitter told me about another Throwback Thursday link up, so I'm linking up with them too! 


Photobucket
Related Posts with Thumbnails