Friday, January 11, 2013

About to Pop Baby Shower Part 4: Decorations and Favors


This is Part 4 in a the About to Pop Baby Shower series.  I'm slowly working my way through this whole shower.  One more post after today and I will finally be done!

For the decorations, I decided to go very low key since the shower was in my sister's home.  I don't have a lot of good pics of the decor, but you can see them in the linked posts that follow. I basically just stuck to using the colors from the invitation to cover the food table and popcorn bar.  To do this, I ordered table cloths from Amazon Seller LinenTablecloth. I've used them before for other tablecloths and overlays and have been really impressed with their prices and with their quality. I purchased 70 inch square tablecloths in FuchsiaLavender, Tea Green, and Marigold. They worked great and I was able to cover a lot of the table with splashes of color.  I would definitely recommend Linen Tablecloth.  I'm definitely a person who believes that it is cheaper to purchase and keep table linens, rather than rent them, and I prefer the look of linen rather than plastic table coverings at any event. 

I also purchased a couple of packs of these Polka Dot Balloons, which I tied to the mailbox and scattered around the room.  Some of the young children loved playing with the balloons all over the floor. 

The favors, of course, carried through the "Pop" theme.  I created favor tags that matched the invitations and the menu cards that said "Thank You for Popping Over."  These were made to fold over the cellophane bags that I purchased. 

The bags that I used had green polka dots on them, and came with twist ties, but I didn't use those because once everything was in the bag, the fold over tag closed the bag nicely. 

Inside of the bag was a lollipop, Pop Rocks, and a Ring Pop.  All of the candy came from Amazon, and arrived with no problem. Can you believe that this shower was the first time that one of the guests had Pop Rocks?  Her reaction? "Interesting."

Here's the finished favor: 

The 5th and final part of this series coming soon!  Thanks for being patient with me as I get this series completed.  Don't forget to like My Ramblings on Facebook
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails