Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 In Review

2012 was definitely a year, full of ups and downs.  It was a busy year full of events and changes. Today, I'm focusing on the positives.  Here is 2012 in Review (the good parts!).

January
Most of January was dedicated to working a lot and planning one of our biggest work events.  This year had a Wizard of Oz theme, and it was a lot of fun.  We all dressed up as characters from the movie, and I was Glinda The Good Witch.


February
The biggest thing that I did was direct a wedding.  Not only did I direct it, I did the invitations, all the flowers and decor and pretty much helped the bride with whatever she needed.  The bride was my cousin, and former roommate Kelly.  There were some very stressful moments, and she was on a very strict budget, but we pulled it off, and everything came together. You may remember the post that I made about Rose Balls.  I used a lot of these for Kelly's Wedding. I'm so happy for Chris and Kelly.  They are young, but I think they are good together.  They are expecting their first baby in March 2013!  Can't wait to meet him.


Credit for all 3 Photos: Memory Weaver Photography

March
March was a big month.  Over Spring Break, I took my trip to Hinnant Family Vineyards.  I loved taking the tour and tasting some yummy wines. 

My sister, my Mom and I threw my Daddy's a Surprise 50th Birthday Party. Then, we found out that my sister's 2nd child was going to be a girl.  Parker had a fun way of announcing the gender on Facebook. We blew up a bunch of pink balloons and took him outside at my parents' house to snap some pictures.  I was just going to get one of him holding the balloons, but he wasn't having that.  He wanted to play and 'ride' on the tractor, so I went with it.  I came up with some cute captions to go along with it.  In addition to these photos, there were ones of him in his swing. 


Next up in March, was the Junior Women's Association Masquerade Ball.  I'm a JWA Member, and every year we have a formal event.  I decided to take my sister as my 'date' (and DD).  We had a great time, and I felt so pretty.  
Photo Credit: Bella Living Magazine

April
In April, I hosted the "Sugar & Spice" baby shower for my cousin Megan.  I loved doing a girly baby shower!

I also coordinated the Easter Egg Hunt at my church.  We have a big event every year.  This was the 2nd year that I've planned it.  Along with Egg Hunt, we do games and activities for the kids.  The Easter Bunny poses for pictures and we have a hot dog lunch.  There were a ton of kids!  The "hunt' is more of "run and pick up the eggs" but the kids love it.



Another big event in April was JWA Touch A Truck.  This is one of our biggest fundraisers of the year.  Basically, we bring in all kinds of trucks from Emergency Vehicles to 18 Wheelers and Farm Equipment that kids can sit in, climb on and learn about.  The money goes to support 5 local charities.  I was on the planning committee, and the event was a ton of fun.  Parker is obsessed with trucks, so this was right up his alley.  He even won a ride to go up in the Bucket Truck.  He loved it! My dad took a couple of his trucks out there, so we made this a family event as well. 


May
Compared to the first 4 months of the year, May was a slow month.  Probably the best part of the month was my birthday! I turned 27 on May 28.  I spent the day in Raleigh with my Mama shopping.  We had lunch at Macaroni Grill and shopped a lot.  I came home and had dinner with my parents and my sister's family.  It was a good day. 

June
2 big things in June... Parker Turned 2! and we welcomed Megan's baby Reagan.  Both happened in a few days of each other.  We got to celebrate Parker's Birthday and everyone got to meet Reagan at Parker's birthday party.  I designed some awesome invitations (if I do say so, myself).

July
Another quiet month.  I was taking a summer school class about Instructional Technology, and I absolutely loved it.  For a tiny second, I thought about going to get a Masters in it, but then I quickly snapped back into reality and realized that its taken me over 10 years to get my Bachelor's degree.  

I did host yet another baby shower in July.  My sister's "About to Pop" shower (which I'm still in the process of blogging about) was a ton of fun! 

August
August was a great month right from the beginning.  I had a new roommate move in on August 1, and things are working out very well.  We get along great, and its nice to have someone else in the house. 

Then, on August 4, Maggie Louise decided to make a grand appearance.  It was a few days before her due date, but she was ready to come, and she came fast! I absolutely love being an aunt, and having a niece is truly special.  She is so precious! 

Also in August, I had a very special visit from a friend of mine.  It was great to see each other and catch up for the weekend. 

September
September was filled with work. The beginning of a semester is always hectic, and football season started on September 1. I was also pretty busy with school.  I did take some time to remember Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. 

October
October was huge for me... in more ways than one.  From the very first week, I was busy! I held 3 Tupperware parties in the first 6 days of October.  I'd never done that before.  With those parties and the other ones I had scheduled, I had the biggest month in Tupperware sales that I've ever had! I was so excited.  It really got me on fire for my business, and it only gets better from there. 

Also, in October, I spent a lot of time working at the school that I'd been placed in for my practicum.  It was an inner city school in another county, so I was a little nervous, but I ended up really liking the experience. 

Probably the biggest change of the year also happened in October.  I resigned from my job.  It was a little bittersweet to leave a place where you have spent the last 4 years, but the time had come.  My plan was to leave at the end of the semester (because I am starting my internship in January), but I just felt that I needed the extra time.  I could (and probably will) do a whole post on leaving my job. 

I also made a quilt in October... post on that sure to come! 

November
Whew! Almost there! I continued to do well with the Tupperware business in November.  I did a couple of vendor events, and ordered a lot of people's Christmas gifts! 

My parents celebrated 30 years of marriage.

I hosted (another) baby shower.  This one was gender neutral since the parents to be weren't finding out the sex of the baby.  We went with a "bee" theme.  It turned out so cute.  (Again, post to come)

Maggie's Baby Dedication was on November 18.  The date is significant because that would have been my Grandma Nellie's birthday.  I sang in church for the dedication (for the first time in years) a song called "This Little One" by Karen Peck.  

December
December seemed like a blur.  Christmas snuck up on me some kinda bad this year.  I didn't wrap presents until Christmas Eve! I usually procrastinate, but not that bad.  

We took our annual family trip to Black Mountain.  We happened to be there the weekend of their Christmas Parade, and it was wonderful.  It was probably the best parade I've seen in person.  It was over an hour long and had a lot variety. We also happened to find an awesome light display in the area. 


I was asked to sing and play the flute in the Christmas play at church. I hadn't played the flute in at least 6 years, so I was a little rusty, but with a little practice, it came back to me. 

On December 23, my cousin Wayne and his wife Jessica (I hosted the "bee" baby shower for them) welcomed their baby and It's a Boy!  Easton was teeny tiny but so cute! 

Christmas was so much fun with Parker and Maggie this year.  Watching them open presents and get so excited make the Holiday that much more exciting. 
 I do love these babies!

So there you have it... my year in review.  As you can see, it was jam packed!  Overall, it was a good year.  I look forward to 2013! What was your favorite memory of 2012? 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails