Monday, July 2, 2012

Music Monday: Come Wake Me Up by Rascal Flatts

I have been a Rascal Flatts fan forever.  I love their music!  I have often said that if I ever had enough money when I got married that I would try to convince them to come and sing at my wedding.  There is something about Gary LeVox's voice that moves me.  I can't recall a Rascal Flatts song from over the years that I did not like.  Their latest song "Come Wake Me Up" is no exception.

The first time I heard it, I immediately wanted to listen to it again... too bad my car radio doesn't have a rewind feature... (someone should invent that already...) I heard it again before I got home (it was a long trip) and once I got home, I played that youtube video several time.  The voice, the lyrics (which are so relatable), the emotion, the fire simile, the plea to be woken up, the conflict of wanting to hold on but needing to let go (hello, that's me!)... all of it is beautiful.  I'm not ashamed to admit that it made me cry... more than once!

"Come Wake Me Up" is quickly making its way into the "listen to all of the time" category for me.  What are you listening to today?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails