Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pinterest 6/20: Dump Truck Birthday Party Invitations

When it came time to plan Parker's 2nd birthday party, my sister knew that she wanted to do a theme loosely based on trucks.  Parker is obsessed with anything that has wheels.  I quickly turned to Pinterest for ideas.  We didn't go too overboard with the theme, simply because it was a party at home, with a lot of people.  How we packed close to 50 people in my sister's house, I don't know!  (Originally the party was going to be outside, but with 100+ degree temps in the forecast, my sister wisely chose to move it inside.) The only real "truck" elements were the invitations and the cake.  There were also a ton of trucks for the kids to play with at the party.

I found several truck invitations on Pinterest to use, and I decided to take elements from each of them to create Parker's invitations.

Inspiration Pins:
http://pinterest.com/pin/6051780719548789/
http://pinterest.com/pin/6051780719543474/
http://pinterest.com/pin/6051780719226730/

Here is what I came up with:


I purchased the clipart that was used in the 2nd pin from Baby Star Designs.  Then, I used wording similar to the 3rd pin for the inside.  It's hard to read in the picture, but it says "Truck on Over to Parker's Party for Loads of Fun!"  My favorite part of the invitation was that the truck actually dumped!  I got the idea from the 1st pin... I loved the way these turned out! Everyone said how cute they were! Once again, Pinterest came through with helping me find amazing ideas! 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails