Saturday, February 11, 2012

Recipe 3/10: Southern Biscuits

I've been wanting to make homemade buttermilk biscuits for a while.  I remember when I was younger watching my Grandma make biscuits, and I haven't had any in a long time.  Making biscuits is a skill that I definitely want to master... I've tried before, but they just didn't come out right.  Last weekend, I cooked dinner for my family, and decided that I would give it a(nother) try.  This time, I wanted to use a recipe.  Last time, my mom just said some of this and some of that... so I went looking for a recipe.

I decided to use Alton Brown's Southern Biscuit recipe.  It had good reviews on Food Network's website, and it looked easy enough.  I will admit, my biscuits did not turn out perfect this time, but I will be trying them again.  I need to get a cutter, because when I have to pat out the biscuits, I over worked the dough, so they weren't light and fluffy like they should be.  I also left them in the oven just a bit too long, so they were harder than they should have been.  Overall, they were pretty good... all of them were eaten! I'll try some more to perfect my biscuit making abilities...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails