Friday, February 17, 2012

Pinterest 5/10: Rose Balls

Last weekend, I decorated for and directed a wedding.  For the centerpieces, the bride wanted balls of roses on top of vases.  The logical way to make these would be to use styrofoam balls and stick the flowers in there, but I had seen a different way on Pinterest, and since we were using silk flowers, it would work well. The idea was to use wiffle balls to glue the flowers in the holes.

Inspiration Pin: http://pinterest.com/pin/6051780719154256/

My creation:





It worked very well!  It was a lot cheaper too.  A pack of 2 styrofoam balls is about $5.  I got a pack of 8 wiffle balls from Walmart for $5.  Just pulled the flowers off the stem and hot glued them in the holes.  Very clever idea! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails