Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pinterest 3/10: Basket Weave Cake Decorating

I've dabbled a little bit in cake decorating.  I'm not a pro by any means, but it is something that I'm interested in.  I love watching shows like Cake Boss and Ace of Cakes, and I love watching our Pastry Chef at work do cakes.  My office is literally 5 feet away from the bakery, so I'm always going over there to watch.  Anyway, I've been wanting to learn some new techniques, so I went to Pinterest to look for ideas.  I saw a video on how to do basket weave, so I decided to give it a try.

Inspiration Pin: http://pinterest.com/pin/6051780719121292/

My creation:

 Birthday cake for my Mom and my Aunt.  (More details about the cake in a later post.) I think for my first attempt at basket weave, it turned out pretty good.  It was super easy, so, I will be trying it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails