Monday, February 20, 2012

Music Monday: PS 22 Chorus



I'm not sure what rock I've been hiding under... I don't think that I'd heard about the PS 22 Chorus until last week... but now that I have, I've been listening to them a lot! These kids are awesome.  They do wonderful covers of songs, current and older songs too... Their director seems like an amazing person.  The amount of talent that these kids have is unreal.

For your listening pleasure, here are some of my favorite videos from them.

Tribute to Whitney Houston - The Greatest Love of All

Adele - Rolling In the Deep

Denise, the soloist in this video, was actually featured in a Target commercial during the Grammy's. 

Paul Simon - Bridge Over Troubled Water


I can't wait to see what some of these kids end up doing.  The Chorus has been around since 2000.  The impact that this choral director is having on these kids is outstanding.  If anyone can watch this and still make an argument for cutting the arts out of schools, they don't have a heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails