Monday, February 13, 2012

Music Monday: "Greatest Love of All" by Whitney Houston


Since Whitney Houston's untimely passing this weekend, her song "Greatest Love of All" has been on my mind.    I remember learning to sing this song in 5th grade chorus for our 'graduation.'  Of course, our rendition of the song paled in comparison to the powerhouse voice of Whitney Houston. 

Over the years, the lyrics have stuck with me.  I have seen several teaching philosophy statements based off of the lyrics to this song. The first verse is how I view teaching... children are our future, and we must teach them well. 

I believe the children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be

Rest in Peace Whitney Houston.  Thank you for sharing your talents with us. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails