Saturday, February 4, 2012

Books 3 & 4 of 10

I've been reading more lately, especially at night.  I finished 2 more books since I did my last post of Recent Reads.

"Assault with a Deadly Glue Gun" by Lois Winston
I have a running inside joke about Glue Guns with some of my Twitter friends... so I first came across this title it  piqued my interest, but I forgot all about it.  Then, I saw it again when I was going through the Kindle Freebies, so I downloaded it.  Overall, it was a very good book.  I finished it in a few nights.  A woman with a seemingly normal life has her life turned upside down when her husband dies unexpectedly.  That was just the beginning. Imagine finding a woman glue gunned to death in your office chair.  As absurd as it sounds, it makes a good story, and a good murder mystery involving crafts.  The book is the first in a series of books, so I might pick up the the next one, when it comes out.

"Always the Wedding Planner, Never the Bride" by Sandra Bricker
Last year, I read a book called "Always the Baker, Never the Bride," about a diabetic wedding cake baker.  It was a very good read, and I really enjoyed it.  I found out that was the first in a series of books, so I went looking for the second one.  I found it, and started reading it, and this time, it was about the Wedding Planner.  The title of this book made me laugh, because it was something that I can really relate to.  Of course, the books seem to always turn out to have a happy ending, but the hopeless romantic in me believes that I will have one too.  I really enjoyed this book, and I will definitely be picking up the next 2 once they come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails