Thursday, January 12, 2012

Let's catch up, shall we?

It has been a while since I've written a general update about the stuff going on in my life, so I feel like we need to play a little bit of catch up! I'll try to be brief...

  • School: Last semester was my first one back in school full time.  It was hard making the transition to having both work and school full time, but I think I did OK with it.  After a few breakdowns, and some tears, the end of the semester finally came, and I ended up with 3 As and a C.  I'll take it.  As it stands now, my cumulative GPA is a 3.1.  This semester, I am taking 16 hours, which is 4 more than last semester, but I think I can manage. All of the classes I am taking this semester are core classes for elementary methods, which means that I might actually enjoy them.  I'm hoping to make all As and Bs this semester, and I'm going to work really hard at it. 
  • Work: I've been working a lot less lately, because of school.  I'm not complaining, though. Some days, I like my job.  Most days, I'm ready to leave.  This might be my last semester there.  If I start my internship in the fall, I don't think that I'm going to be able to work full time too, but we will see.  I'm still trying to figure all of that out. 
  • Roommates: Well, I'm back down to no roommates.  Both of the ones I had ended up getting married (well, one is in February), so I'm back to living alone.  I need a roommate to help with the bills, but I kinda like living alone too.  There are parts that I hate about living alone, and things that I love.  If I do get another roommate, I don't want it to just be anyone, so I'm right back where I was 7 months ago..., 
  • Relationships: I pretty much had my heart crushed recently, but I don't really want to talk about all of it... I need to just put the past in the past and move on to something new, but that is a lot easier said than done... almost 6 years of being single, and very few dates, but I'm still trying to hold out hope. 
  • Depression: One of the biggest things that I did last year, besides returning to school was to start Counseling.  In December, I was officially diagnosed with Clinical Depression.  This came as no surprise... but I am finally seeking help to deal with all of my emotions.  It has been a long time coming, so I'm glad that I'm finally taking steps to cope with all of this better. 
I think that pretty much brings you up to speed on most things... I'm really trying to blog more and to update more... it really is a release for me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails