Monday, January 2, 2012

27 before 27

I've been a really bad blogger lately. (Seems to be a running theme on this blog.)  The last part of 2011 was really busy for me. (Stay tuned for a post about that...) But I promise, I'm going to TRY to be better about writing here in my little corner of the Internet. I'm making 2012 a year of change, so hopefully, my blogging habits will change too!

A couple of my Internet friends have done or are in the process of doing a 30 before 30 list.  Basically, they are creating a list of things that they want to accomplish before their 30th birthday, and then blogging about them. Others are doing this for other milestone birthdays as well.   I really like the idea, but the big 3-0 is a still a couple of years off for me. So, I decided that I will do this every year up to my 30th birthday.  I will turn 27 on May 28, so I'm getting kind of a late start this year, but I have created a list of 27 things that I want to accomplish in the next 146 days.  I've even added a little countdown over there on the right sidebar so that we can all keep track of how many days are left in this challenge.  The 27th thing on my list is to blog about my progress on the list, so you will be seeing updates about the things that I am marking off the list.  Without further ado, here is my list...

27 Things To Do Before I Turn 27

  1. Get a handle on the paper clutter in my house.
  2. Make all As and Bs in my classes for the Spring 2012 semester.
  3. Make at least $500 profit from selling Tupperware.
  4. Actually make or do 10 things that I have pinned on Pinterest.
  5. Go through my closet and throw away/donate/sell things that I no longer need or wear.
  6. Set up Home Office/Craft Room.
  7. Read 10 books.
  8. Try 10 new recipes.
  9. Watch the entire Sex and the City series in order.  (Including both movies.)
  10. Take a winery tour.
  11. Put money into savings every paycheck.
  12. Throw my Daddy a 50th Birthday Party.
  13. Lose (at least) 20 pounds.
  14. Quit smoking… for real this time.
  15. Go on a first date.
  16. Wear a dress everyday for a week.
  17. Finish my Alphabet Blog Series.
  18. Turn in a school assignment a whole day before it is due.
  19. Blog at least twice a week, every week.
  20. Have a picnic.
  21. Have people over for dinner.
  22. Go a week without Twitter or Facebook.
  23. Drink 70 gallons of water.  (8 cups of water per day for 140 days)
  24. Send 5 people Birthday cards through the mail.
  25. Cook dinner for my whole family, including dessert.
  26. Finish the photo album for my parents’ 25th Wedding Anniversary party.  (It was almost 5 years ago!)
  27. Blog about my progress on this list. 
I'm excited about doing this and I'm interested to see how it will all turn out! Some of them are going to be a challenge, but I tried to include things that were SMART goals (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time Bound). I have a little more than 5 1/2 months, so I think I can do all of these! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails