Monday, October 10, 2011

Music Monday: An Album: "Own the Night" Lady Antebellum

I know I wrote about Lady Antebellum last week in Music Monday, but since purchasing their CD "Own the Night" last week, and listening to it over and over in the last week, it merits another post, not just about one song, but about the whole album.


I can't tell you the last time that I actually purchased a CD.  Last week, I bought two.   They were both Lady Antebellum.  I knew that I wanted "Own the Night" because I had listened to a couple of songs on Spotify, and loved them.  Interesting side note: I got a new car at the end of May, and had yet to play a CD in it.  When I put in my new Lady A CD, it said "Disk 1," so I discovered that I actually have a 6 CD changer in my car, and never knew it!

Back to the CD, I have probably already worn it out, just listening to the first 3 songs.  I mentioned two of them in the last post, but the third one is "Dancing Away with my Heart."  I fell in love with this song the very first time that I heard it.  I don't know if its just that I'm in a place in my life right now where I relate to the lyrics, or what, but I love the whole album.  There are a few catchy songs that you will catch yourself singing along with, such as "Friday Night" along with slower more meaningful songs like "Cold as Stone."

Check it out! I promise, next week, I will try to chose a different artist :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails