Monday, September 19, 2011

Music Monday: Slow Fade

In an attempt to start blogging more, I'm going to try to start weekly features.  Try being the operative word in that sentence.  This needs to become a habit for me... like checking email or facebook.  I love blogging and I have a lot to say, but I never set aside time for it. If I miss a few weeks here and there, don't beat me up too bad... I'm trying!

So, for Music Mondays, I will feature a song (obviously) that has either been on my mind lately, or has some meaning to me or whatever... its a very broad category, so there's lots of room for me to do whatever I'm feeling at the moment... Here's the first installment!

Casting Crowns: "Slow Fade"



This song came on my Pandora station the other day, and I'm not sure if I have heard it before, but I can't stop listening to it.  On Saturday, I was working a festival with Tupperware, and they had a Praise and Worship team singing for awhile, and this was one of the songs that they had in their set.

For some reason, this song has really spoken to me this week (a lot of Casting Crowns songs do).  If you've been reading this blog for any amount of time, you know that I've struggled a lot with "giving myself away."  As I look back at the last 8 or so years of my life (since high school), there wasn't one particular event that has caused me to get to the point where I am now... it has definitely been  a slow fade from the person that I used to be. I didn't crumble in a day.

And just as gradual as the process to "crumbling" has been, the journey to feeling whole again is just as gradual.  I think that over the past few months, I have taken some steps in the right direction, but its going to take some time, and some work on my part.  I have to work to be happy, to feel complete, and some days, that is a lot more work than other days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails