Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 3/30: A Favorite Book

This one may also sound clique... but one of my favorite books is "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" by Dr. Seuss.  When I was in 10th grade, our English teacher read us this book, and since then, I've been in love.  It is a great book that fits many occasions.  Whenever you want to feel encouraged, pick up this book and read it... by the end, you will be ready to go. Several of the "places" described in the book are so fitting for various times in your life.  Right now, I feel like I'm stuck in "The Waiting Place... for people just waiting..."


Waiting for a train to go 
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or waiting around for a Yes or a No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.

Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants 
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
Everyone is just waiting.



Working on some "real" posts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails