Sunday, January 9, 2011

Book Review -- "Speed Dating" by Nancy Warren

I've kind of fallen off the reading wagon lately too... so much for that 2010 goal ... but when my Mama asked me what I wanted for Christmas... I knew I wanted a Kindle.  I've been wanting an e-reader for a while now, and with Amazon's latest release, there were some features that I liked above the other options out there.  When I opened the Kindle on Christmas Eve night, I wasted no time downloading books.  I love that Amazon has a free section!  A lot of these books are ones that I wouldn't normally select, but I like that it helps in expanding my very limited selection of genres.  The first book I read was "Speed Dating" by Nancy Warren.

The thing that attracted me to this book was the NASCAR reference, and that much of it was set in Charlotte, NC (and it was free).  The main character, Kendall leads a pretty boring life as an actuary. (I didn't know what that was until I read this book...) She is in Charlotte for a work conference, at which she is being honored with a prestigious award.  Minutes before she is supposed to attend a banquet, her finace confesses that he has been having an affair with a coworker, who is now pregnant and that he's leaving Kendall.  Enter Dylan Hargreave. NASCAR's pretty boy... one of People's hottest bachelors... Kendall's total opposite.. After a chance meeting, Dylan helps Kendall live a night that she will never forget.

This book was a quick and enjoyable read.  It was romantic without being sexy, but wasn't sappy.  It had characters that were easy to relate to, some you will hate, and some you will love.  An opposites attract story that is set in the fast paced world of NASCAR, but not strictly for only NASCAR fans.

1 comment:

  1. I met a match with someone who I thought was totally my type! I'm so pleased with everything about Your speedDating, I totally recommend it to everyone.
    I met nice, attractive women. Didn't have to ask for any numbers, that was definitely a plus. http://www.touchmesinglesdating.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails