Friday, December 31, 2010

REWIND: September - December 2010

My lack of blogging is just unacceptable.  I'm sure that everyone has been waiting with baited breath for my next post to pop up in your google reader...who am I kidding?

Instead of doing a separate post for the last four months of the year, you get a summary of them all lumped together because it all seems to be somewhat of a blur to me. Here is my attempt at a "catch up" post...

  • At the end of August, the school semester started, and this is where the work load really kicked up.  The beginning of the semester is normally busy, but this semester, I just felt like it never really slowed up.  A lot of changes went on in the office and I feel like I spent way too much time there.  Some responsibilities were added to what I already do, and it was a lot to juggle. There were weeks when I felt like work totally consumed my being.  For the first time, I was asked to work football games, and while I didn't mind, and it was a good "change of pace," they started off a little rocky.  Once I got the hang of everything, the season went by smoothly.  (Wish I could say the same thing about the Pirate's record.)  Another big event this semester was a themed dinner that our dining hall was responsible for doing.  Each year, we plan these over the top events to enter into competition. This year, a lot of the planning fell on me.  I was so stressed out over every little detail, and when the night finally came, and the event went smoothly, I was so relieved!  Before I knew it, it was time for shut down, and let me tell you, I was never so ready for a 2 week vacation! 
  • Towards the beginning of September, I went out with a guy that I had a couple of dates with about a year and a half ago... it was nothing special, and the 2nd time confirmed my reservations about the whole thing from the beginning.  Other than that, the "love" life has been nonexistent to say the very least. Part of me just wants to give up... 
  • I am loving being an Aunt... but of course, having the cutest nephew ever helps that a lot!  I cannot believe that Parker is 6 months old already!  It seems like just yesterday that my sister told us that she was pregnant.  Having a little one around is so different, but its hard to remember what life was like before him.  So many memories have already been made... so many "firsts" for him.  I look forward to the years to come! 
  • The weekend before Thanksgiving, we took our annual trip to the Mountains.  It was nice to get away for a few days.  This year there was a total of fourteen of our family that went... including 3 babies that were 5 months old at the time.  We had a good time... I look forward to this trip every year. 
  • I've been stuck in this place of "needing change" for a while.  I thought that some of that would finally come... but no such luck. 
  • The Holidays were a little better this year for me, probably because of Parker.  Having him around makes those times a little more special.  I'm kind of ready for 2011. 
I'm sure there are a lot of little details that I missed... but those were basically the highlights.  Nothing too fantastic... a lot of work... a little bit of money to pay the bills...  I hope that everyone had a great Christmas and that your New Year is a happy one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails