Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Accidental Artist

I'm always looking for new things to do in Greenville... I get kinda bored just staying in the house all of the time.  I'd heard a while ago that a place called The Accidental Artist had opened.  It is a Paint Your Own Pottery studio.  One day while I was keeping the munchkin, we decided to check it out, because it was something that we could both do together.  I LOVE it!  I've been back several times since that first day to complete the projects that I started.

The Staff is super friendly and so willing to help you with whatever techniques you want to use.  I love that anyone can go in and create a masterpiece.  No matter your skill level, there is something for you to paint, and if you need help or ideas, you can get it.  People in Greenville seem to be catching on, because every time I've been in there, the place has been packed.  Last Friday night, they had "Paint Til You Drop".  They stayed open until Midnight  and you could paint until your heart was content.  There were actually people sitting on the floor waiting for a table to work at! 

Here are my first two pieces:
Piggy Bank... for Parker
Customized it with his name... other side has Birthday and Stats

My sister wanted a Piggy Bank for Parker... but she wanted one that actually looked like a Pig and kinda matched his room... I decided to go ahead and paint one for him so that it could be personalized.  I love the way it turned out!

Picture Frame

I saw this saying on another picture frame online and decided that Parker needed one.  This was a really simple project... I got to blow paint bubbles... it was a lot of fun!

So, if you're looking for something fun to do in Greenville, with kids or other adults... check out the Accidental Artist!  They do birthday parties and showers too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails