Monday, May 24, 2010

Three Years

It is simply amazing how fast time flies.  May 23 marks three years since my sister and I closed on our townhouse.  So many things have happened in that time span.  Buying a house is a very liberating experience.  At the time, we were 19 and 21.  Buying a house at that age is something that most people aren't thinking about.  We decided that it was time to leave "home" and wanted to buy, rather than waste money renting.

Over the years, relationships change, financial situations change, and you have to wonder if buying a house was really the best thing to do.  As I look back on it now, if I had to do it over again, knowing what I know now, I think that renting may have been a better option for us.  That being said, I don't think that it is a decision that I regret.  Live and Learn right?

A lot of growing up has taken place over the last three years, and with all of the changes that have occurred, some of that growing up had to take place very fast.  There have been times that I wanted to get out of it... try to sell the house and move.  Right now, is one of those times.  Money is kind of tight with the type of work that I do, but even more than that, I hate living alone.  I've been living on my own for over a year and a half now, and it sucks!  I've thought about renting out rooms to people, but honestly, I don't know who I would want to live with.

Being alone in the house makes me sad... and I don't need more sadness in my life right now...

1 comment:

  1. I totally know where you're coming from when wondering if you made the right choice buying a house. We bought ours almost 5 years ago and are very much regretting that choice.In this housing market there is pretty much no chance of selling without losing money and so we're stuck where we are with no hope of changing the situation anytime soon.I hope you find a roommate or someone you'd prefer to live with soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails