Monday, May 31, 2010

Quarter Century

So on Friday, May 28, I turned the Big Two Five...  Its so hard to believe that I am 25 years old.  It seems like only yesterday that I was waiting to turn 13 so that I would be a teenager, or 16 so that I could drive.  Back then, everything seemed so simple, and being a "grownup" seemed like a lot of fun. Everything was so innocent and the biggest worry I had was making a good grade on a test.

Boy have times changed.  In the weeks before my 25th birthday, I kind of had a mini meltdown about turning 25.  It seems like at this age you should have things figured out, and life should be pretty much in place.  Reality is quite the opposite.  I feel like nothing is in place and I have no clue what I am doing with life.  So many plans have come undone and that 13 year old teenager wouldn't even recognize my 25 year old self.  I've come to learn that being a grownup isn't fun... its actually a lot of work.  Every day it seems a new worry, with much more importance than a good grade is added to the never ending list of things that fill my mind.

I've written about birthdays here before, and how I like for them to be special.  This year, I spent my birthday with some of the same people from last year.  I was invited to speak at a Social Media Conference, City Shift.  It turned out to be a great event, and I had a lot of fun.  One of the guys bought me a pink glittery tiara that said "Diva," because he calls me the Twitter Diva.  I wore it during my presentation :)

After the Conference was over, some of us headed out to Dolce Vita Wine and Beer, a local wine and beer shop, to enjoy some music and wine.  When I went in, there was a sign wishing me a Happy Birthday.  Good people and great wine, no better way to end the night.

Here's to being 25... so far, being a quarter century old isn't that bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails