Monday, May 17, 2010

Baby Shower Post 2 - The Diaper Cake

Last Diaper Cake post for a while.  I promise!  In keeping with the "Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails" theme for my sister's baby shower, I knew the diaper cake should follow the same theme.  I wanted to use it as a centerpiece on the food table, and I wanted it to be BIG.  I decided that for the shower, any form of a frog, snail or puppy would be appropriate.  I found some stuffed animals that Parker can play with later, and decided those would be on the cake.  Also, there would be a layer for each of the animals, and coordinating receiving blankets would decorate them. I found some wood cut outs at AC Moore that were just too cute to pass up.

Here is the finished product:

The cake was a total of 9 layers (the 4 bottom layers were doubles).  It contained 320 Pampers, ranging from size Newborn to Size 3 and 5 receiving blankets.  It stood 3 feet tall.   It was perfect for the centerpiece on the food table.  The table was long, so the height of the diaper cake was perfect.  Here are some closer detail shots. 



I had some issues with transporting it, but once I got everything on, it turned out great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails