Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Book Review -- "Bitter is the New Black" by Jen Lancaster

Photobucket

I finished "Bitter is the New Black" in January, but I've been lazy about writing the review for it, partially because I'm having a hard time with how I feel about the book.

I'm not really sure how I found out about Jen Lancaster, but when I read her blog and the online reviews of her books, I was compelled to purchase all of them. I had high hopes for "Bitter," but I'm not sure it lived up to my expectations.

This book is the first of a series of Memoirs from Jen. Her writing is sarcastic (which is a turn on) but rather narcissistic at times (which is why I think I didn't LOVE this book). The book deals with her rise and fall in a career and the ups and downs of unemployment.

It took me a long time (about 2 weeks) to get through the whole book, because it was not one of those I couldn't put down. At times, I had to force myself to get through chapters. Overall, I wouldn't say that I hated the book, and I will probably eventually read the others. Next time, I will just go in with lower expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails