Saturday, January 15, 2011

Book Review -- "A Very Special Delivery" by Linda Goodnight

This book was another freebie on my Kindle.  I kind of went a little crazy downloading free books, solely based on title and overall rating.  This was one of the books that I didn't really read the description of, and just downloaded and started reading.  I did not realize that it was a faith based romance book.  That being said, it was still an enjoyable book. 

From the Book: 
It was the surprise of a lifetime for recluse Molly McCreight when single dad Ethan Hunter entrusted her with his infant daughter while he delivered medicine to an elderly man during an ice storm. Past experience had taught Molly how fragile life could be, but she was touched by this stranger's faith in her abilities. Once the storm had passed, though, and her guests returned home, normalcy eluded Molly. The Hunters' presence had brought much-needed joy to her quiet world, but their absence threatened to crush her forever. Still, was she ready to admit that this tiny family held the key to the future she'd always secretly craved?

The religious aspects, while very prevalent, weren't over the top, or pushy.  The book deals with loss, guilt, overcoming obstacles, falling in love and forgiveness.  This book was a quick read, and overall, I liked it.  Not bad for a book that I blindly chose... and the fact that it was free was even better! 

2 comments:

  1. a couple of times a week I download all the freebies on kindle ... I love it! it has introduced me to some authors I never would have looked at otherwise (and some interesting stories - lol). I read this book a while back and enjoyed it as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I love the exposure that the Kindle freebies give me to new authors and genres.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails