Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Book Review -- "Meeting Mr. Wrong: the Romantic Misadventures of a Southern Belle"

A few months ago, I came across a book review in Her Magazine, which is a local monthly publication featuring women in Pitt County. The review was for "Meeting Mr. Wrong: the Romantic Misadventures of a Southern Belle" by Stephanie Snowe. I was interested because, according to the article, Snowe lived in Greenville for a while, and while my situation was not exactly the same as the author's, I've definitely had my share of "Romantic Misadventures."

Stephanie Snowe was a young, divorced mother of twins when she decided to give Internet Dating a try. The book is a series of anecdotes about the men that she met and the dates that followed...

This was a very quick read. It was definitely a page turner. Snowe's hilarious stories kept me interested through the whole book. It felt like I was just sitting down with Stephanie listening to her tell me the stories. Like me, she's somewhat sarcastic... I liked that... a lot...

Having met some of the same "types" of guys that she encountered, I could totally relate! I would definitely recommend this book! It has gotten great reviews on lots of websites that I've seen. I'm sad that I missed Stephanie's book signing at Barnes and Noble back in May.



3 comments:

  1. Interesting as I removed my match profile tonight. I've had some luck on there, but my personality tends to clash with everyone I meet.

    Had a great date last night with a girl from there, but doubt if it will work out.

    I did look for you on there a few days ago and was planning to send you a wink so you could see my pictures since I never show them - at least anywhere where my name is attached to them, but I could not find you on there anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @derek: I haven't been on match in forever...I have kinda given up on the whole thing... Good luck with the new girl...things may work out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks! I'm glad you thought it was hilarious.

    Randomly, I looked through your blog and I think I used to live where you live now. (Not the same townhouse, but probably the same complex. How weird is that?)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails