Friday, September 11, 2009

Birthdays


I've mentioned here on the blog before that I love Birthdays. I think that everyone should have a memorable birthday. I also realized that I never blogged about my birthday this year. Now, there's nothing too exciting about turning the big 2-4; there is no major milestone once you reach this age, but this year, my birthday was definitely memorable.

The "celebration" started a few days before my actual birthday. In our family, we have a tradition of everyone getting together for hotdogs and hamburgers, followed by cake and ice cream. It has been that way for years... something that my Grandma started. My birthday always falls around Memorial Day, so this year we did my birthday celebration on that Monday. Its just a low key way to get everyone together.

The day before, my sister and I went to get pedicures. That is always a nice treat, and one that I wish I could afford to enjoy more often. We had fun relaxing and having some "sister" time.

On my actual birthday (May 28, for those of you who are wondering), we had a Greenville Tweetup. Most people would be going out and celebrating, but over the past few months, the Greenville Twitter folks have become good friends, so I couldn't think of anywhere else I'd rather be. At this Tweetup, I was actually on the agenda to talk about how I use Twitter for Tupperware... which turned into more of a discussion about how to use it for businesses in general. I had a really good time talking about 2 of the things I love. Some of the guys even remembered that it was my birthday, so they surprised me with a cake! It was yummy!

Then, a few days later, I got a great birthday present from my parents - a new TV! It was a great way to wrap up this year's brithday! I hope that there are many more memorable birthdays to come.



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday. It's always nice to feel special and have a new memory.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails