Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Everything I wish I'd said...

For a while now, we've been friends, and I value your friendship more than you'll ever know.  You've been there to listen to me complain about all sorts of things going on in my life, and I've listened to a few of you frustrations as well.  Since we met, I've known that you were going to be different than all the guys that have come in and out of my life in the past few years.  

When we're together, we talk, we laugh, we have a good time.  Although distance now separates us, we still keep in touch and we know what's going on with each other.  I'm thankful for that... distance can often have a negative affect on friendships. 

Over time, my feelings for you have evolved into much more than just friendship.  Its hard to explain the way that I feel about you...  I think about you a lot... wonder how you are doing... I genuinely care about you... Every time we part, I kick myself for not telling you the way I feel.  

You are a great guy... don't let anyone ever tell you differently... You are respectful and honest and the way your eyes light up when you talk about you beautiful daughter makes me swoon every time.  You are an amazing father... and although I've only seen you interact with her once, our conversations lead me to believe that there isn't anything that you wouldn't do to make sure that she has the absolute best life possible. 

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that I wish we could be more than just "friends."  I have no idea how you feel about this... and a HUGE part of me is afraid to find out.  I'm afraid of rejection from you... afraid that if my true feelings were discovered that our current relationship would be negatively affected.

Maybe, one day, I will muster up the courage to finally say all of this to you... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails