Saturday, February 7, 2009

Mama's Birthday

So yesterday was my Mama's birthday. I really think that Birthdays should be something special. I'm not saying that you have to go all out and make every birthday huge, but every birthday should be memorable. Something should always be done to celebrate the day that you entered the world, whether big or small.

So for Mama's Birthday, me and Steph decided to surprise her. We took her lunch from Bojangles (one of her favorites) and a cake.  I ordered the cake from the bakery at work, and made sure to get one big enough so that all of her students could eat some too.  Here's a pic. 
Everyone talked about how pretty it was and it was really good too! Mama was really surprised when she saw me and Steph walk into the Cafeteria with lunch and a big cake.  The kids were really excited too that they were going to eat cake.   They had all made her birthday cards (which were hilarious) so they were excited about her birthday too. 

Part 2 of our Surprise came later.  Once we left school, we went to Mama's house and put in a new pantry cabinet and then organized it all.  She never had a cabinet per se... it was just a cart that stuff was piled on.  But now, she's got a nice tall cabinet that is organized with none other than Tupperware Modular Mates.

She didn't know that we were even going to her house.  So she was surprised that we were even there... then she saw that cabinet that we had decorated with balloons.  

I think she really liked it.  

Then that night, we all went out to eat at Logan's.  Overall, it was a good day. I hope we made Mama's Birthday memorable! 
 

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great birthday for your mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, sounds like your mom had a great day. :) And you're right birthdays should be special. No matter big or small. Just special. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails