Thursday, January 8, 2009

An update... A busy few days.

I'm still alive... and still working on the Year in Review for 2008... for some reason, I'm having a hard time writing it... But anyway... here's an update.

Last Friday night, I went over to my cousin's house for a Liberty Bowl party. We had a good time, despite our Pirates not pulling off the win... oh well, it was a good season!

On Saturday, I visited another cousin's house for an Oyster Roast. We hung around, watched NFL Football (They are really into it... I could care less!) and then it was time to eat. I had never had Oysters before... and I tried them! I am not usually one to try new foods, but I did, and they weren't half bad. I had some fried ones and steamed too. I had a great time. It was nice to be around people and doing something besides sitting in my house.

On Monday, I spent my last day off of work driving and going to Greensboro. I had been trying to get up there for the entire 3 weeks that I was off, but it never worked out, until Monday. When I got there, I visited any Crafter's heaven... Hobby Lobby! I love that store and could spend hours and hours in there, not to mention the tons of money I could go through! They were having a huge sale on all of their Christmas stuff... everything was 80% off. While much of it had been picked through, I did pick up some stuff to decorate with next year. I also got some stuff to put in my Craft Room when I get it organized. With all of the sales... and the handy 40% off any single item coupon that I found in the cart I got, I spent a lot less money than what I thought I would!

After Hobby Lobby, I spent the afternoon with Daniel, a friend of mine that used to live here, but moved back to Greensboro almost a year ago. It had been about 7 months since I had seen him, so we had a lot to catch up on. We spent so much time just talking and catching up, that the time went by way too fast.

That night, we went to dinner at TGI Fridays. I hadn't been there in years. The food was great. I was able to get a piece of their yummy Vanilla Bean Cheesecake, to go, of course, because I was stuffed. The cheesecake was the only thing that I remembered about my last trip there... and I was not disappointing this time either! I mean... just look at it...


Seriously, this is the BEST Cheesecake I've ever had! Enough about the Cheesecake! lol


Anyway, I had really been missing Daniel. When he lived here, we spent quite a few late nights together just talking... and that was really nice. He really is one of my closest friends, whether or not he knows it. We met just a couple of months after I called off things with the ex... and he was there through all of that initial "healing" time. Sometimes, its nice just to have someone to talk to. I didn't want to leave that night, but I had to come back home to go to work the next day... maybe next time we will have a lot more time together. We both vowed to not make it 7 months again.


Tuesday was the first day back at work. Since work is slow right now, they cut the office hours down to half days. Believe me, I don't mind only working 5 hours a day, but I know I'm gonna hate it when my pay check comes! So far, things haven't been too stressful there, but its only the first week back. I don't know how long we will be working half days... so hopefully, the work pics up and we go back to full days.

So there's a little update of what I've been doing over the past few days. Now, I think that I am gonna try and get some sleep. I'm working on regulating my sleep schedule again... since I was off for 3 weeks, it got really off track!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails