Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tweeple at a Tweetup...

This post is really late... but because of feeling like crap this weekend and yesterday, I wasn't really in the mood to write.  Better late than never, I guess. 

Last Thursday, I met up with a group of people... also known as Tweeple. What are Tweeple, you ask? We are the people of Twitter.  We met at Starbucks and just sat around and talked... about random things... things like where we worked, what we did, and even running into bears.  

These little meetings are called Tweetups.  This is the 2nd one that I have been to.  They are usually held about once a month, at different locations around town.  I had a lot of fun, meeting new people, sharing stories, and laughing.   I laughed a lot! 

For me though, this is a lot bigger than the other people there know.  This was a rare occurance... I got out of the house.  I had actual human interaction with people that I am not related to, or work with.  Since my sister moved out, and my roommate moved out, I have been very lonely.  I need more of that.  I really don't have a lot of friends, and maybe this is what I need to get out and meet new people and make new friends.  Being there was something I needed.  I'm glad that I found out about them.

The frist Tweetup that I went to had a very different feel, just because it was in a different environment.  I really enjoyed this last one at Starbucks.  We talked a lot and got to know each other a little bit.  I'm sure that as more tweetups occur, that we will all get to know each other a lot better. 

I look forward to going to more of these tweetups in the future.  If you are in the Greenville area, and on Twitter, feel free to follow greenvillenc and come out to our next Tweetup!  For more info, see the Greenville Tweets site.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails