Thursday, November 6, 2008

I miss it!

Today I got to sub for a Kindergarten class! I really miss subbing everyday. I am really glad that my boss is letting me sub for a couple of reasons. One, so that my certification does not run out, and two, I still get to interact with the kids every now and then.

While, Kindergarten isn't my favorite assignment, I still enjoy it, for the most part. I don't have the patience that it takes to deal with that age group, and I have discovered that by the practicums that I did in school, and by subbing. I would much rather be in a 4th or 5th grade classroom.

Today, I realized how much I miss teaching. Everyone asks me if I'm done with school, or why I'm not teaching. I get tired of telling the story, because it makes me feel like a failure. But, sometimes "life" just gets in the way of the best made plans. Whether or not people believe it, I've gone through a lot in the past 2 years, a lot more than I ever bargained for. One day, I will go back to school, and I will be a teacher. Its just going to take a few more years to get there.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel in a way. I get so tired of answering the questions, how old are you again? Oh, so where are you nursing at? and then i have to tell the whole story of how i'm not a nurse yet. and they look at me like i'm a loser because i'm 24 without my degree yet...bleh. it always makes me feel down.

    You and me will get through this though, and we'll both have shiney degrees, and good careers to be proud of! :)

    Hang in there Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who is pushing 30, left the teaching profession and is just now figuring out what the heck I want to do in life, I can relate. And I still think I'm going to go into nursing yet. YIKES.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails