Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sickness update

So, I went to the doctor today... and of course, I had to wait like 2 hours, even though I had an appointment. I don't know how I feel about this doctor yet... both of my parents see him, and have seen him for years, and they like him, but it almost seems to me that he's trying to rush you out... after he's taken forever to get in teh room. I'm still deciding what to do about that.

Anyway, He tested me for mono. He said that it didn't look like mono, but since I had been exposed to it recently that he wanted to rule it out. I finally got a call around 6:45 tonight from the nurse telling me that the mono test was negative. So no mono, which is good. I guess its just a bad throat infection. He gave me antibiotics to take for the next week.

My thyroid has been off lately too, so I've been having to go in for more and more blood work to keep that in check and get new meds. I have really bad veins, so they always have to draw blood out of my hand. Well the phlebotomist that I had today, and the past couple of times, really hurt my hand. She would put the needle in and then start twisting it around. OUCH! Well today, she had to do that to both hands... so now both hands are a little bruised.

Anyway, Thanks to everyone who commented about me feeling better. I'm glad I don't have mono, but I hope this clears up quickly... and that my thyroid will get regulated again... Well off to attempt to get some sleep, since I have to be at work at 6am!


TTFN,
Crystal

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your mono test came back negative. And I hope those antibiotics make ya all better real soon. :) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the test was negative! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails