Saturday, July 26, 2008

Lots of Random Updates

Well, last week, I started my new job. So far, I love it! The people that I work with are great. I have learned so much, but I still have a lot to learn. I don't know a lot about food, but I'm sure it will come with time. It is so surprising how fast the week goes by, when you actually leave the house everyday.

Wednesday, Miranda and Derek got married. They had a small wedding, with a bigger reception afterwards. I only went to the reception. It was outside and it rained, but they had everything under a tent. I did fall though, and hut my ankle pretty bad. I tripped over some guy's foot and fell outside of the tent into the wet grass. I also got bitten by ants. So now I have ant bites and a screwed up ankle. I made them a towel cake, but I will have to post pics later.

Thursday night, I had a total breakdown, just thinking about a lot of crap that has been going on lately. I turned into a blubbering baby for about an hour. I think that I was finally coming to terms with a lot of craptastic things in my life and taking some steps in trying to figure out how they need to change.

Last night, I actually did something away from my house with people other than my family! Some people from work invited me to go see "Step Brothers" with them. The movie was freaking hilarious! I loved it. I am a fan of senseless humor, and this movie definitely fit in that category.

Today has been a very lazy day. I've finally had some down time to just relax. Not much of that when you are working a full time job for the first time in 11 months. I've taken some time to catch up on some other blogs and some news stories. I need to take some time to do housework, lol.

One thing in the news that I wanted to comment on: Yesterday, Dr. Randy Pausch passed away. He was a professor at Carnegie Mellon University who was living with terminal Pancreatic cancer. He has been in the news lately because of his "Last Lecture" Click Here to see his appearance on Oprah. He wrote a book called "The Last Lecture" and I read it right after it was published and it was great. Of course, his death was inevitable, but it still made me sad. He was such an inspiration. Here are a couple of quotes from his book.

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand."

"The brick walls are there for a reason. They're not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something."


Well, I suppose I should try and go do something to make this day a little productive!

TTFN,
Crystal


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails