Tuesday, July 29, 2008

As promised

A Pic of the latest Towel Cake that I made.


For this one, the only real "gift" was the towels. I just wanted to present them in a different way than taking them in a bag or box. So... I got some cheap silk flowers from Family Dollar and decorated with them. The light brown towels kinda look like chocolate cake. I used a purple color scheme to match their wedding colors. I drew the "B" by hand and cut it out and put it on some iridescent fabric to go around the middle layer. The flowers looked a little different once I got them all in the right spot, but you get the general idea.

I think it turned out great, and it was a hit at the reception. I am getting a lot faster at this, and for this cake, I switched up my technique some, and I think I like it better, so the construction of the layers will be a little easier in the future.

Lemme know what you think :)

TTFN,
Crystal

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails