Thursday, May 22, 2008

Updates...all around

I need to get better about this blogging thing. I used to be really good at it when I had a xanga, but now I'm really lazy about it. So here goes a list of updates... I will try to be brief, but that's probably not happening!

  • Relay for Life - Its over! It was a success! Now we just have to have a wrap up meeting, and take a little break, then start gearing up for next year. This has been a huge learning experience for me. I did not know what I was taking on when I "volunteered" to chair the event, but next year things will be a lot better since I know what is going on, and hopefully they will be easier.
    • The Numbers: (rough estimates as I don't have final, exact, totals)
      • Goal : $75,000
      • Prior to Relay: $53,000
      • At the end of Relay: $76,000
      • As of yesterday: $82,000
    • We still have until August to keep the donations coming in to count for this year. There is a motorcycle club in Farmville that is doing a Charity Ride on June 7, so that money will count for this year. Some teams have told me that they have more money to turn in. We are keeping our fingers crossed, but they are saying that this could be a record breaking year as far as donations go! We are only about $3,000 away from our record, so it is doable!

  • Work: It is SUPER slow right now. Its because it is testing time in NC. The good ole End of Grade Tests are this week, which means that unless a teacher is deathly ill... they are not allowed to be out. A lot of teachers did not want to be out before this time either, to do last minute reviews and cram sessions for their students. Its understandable...but it does suck for us Substitutes. I did work yesterday in High School...because their testing isn't for another 2 weeks.
  • Tupperware: Its getting off to a slow start, just because with Relay, I didn't have the time to put into it. I do have some parties booked that are coming up, and I hope to get a lot more. I am thinking about going to some festivals and craft shows, The key to it is getting your name out there and letting people know about it. Hopefully next month will be a lot more profitable with it, as I will have more time to put into building a customer base and to market the new business!
  • Cooking Blog: I deleted it... let's face it... I don't cook enough to have one!
Those are some bare bone updates for right now... I promise that I will write some more meaningful posts later... like my older blogging style! You know... put everything out there kind of approach. But for now, I must eat something...

TTFN,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails