Monday, March 31, 2008

Only 40 days!

There are only 40 days until Relay for Life, and I feel like I have gotten so much done, but there is still SO MUCH to do!

Lesa, our Community Manager from ACS, was just diagnosed with cancer for the second time, so that came as a big shock to all of us... and it makes me a little worried that things won't come together, but hopefully everything will fall into place.

I'm hoping that if I do this next year, that I will be more prepared and get things rolling a lot sooner, so that I won't feel this overwhelmed at the last minute!!

So with just over a month to go, I still have a lot to pull together for the "onsite" part of the event. I can only hope that our teams are fundraising like crazy! Our goal for this year is $75,000. As I write this, we have had $18,803 turned in. We have another meeting on Tuesday, where hopefully thousands of dollars will be turned in. I really want us to meet goal this year... I'm hoping that we can do it!

If you are reading this and have not donated to a Relay in your area, please consider donating to my personal site. All donations can be done online via credit card and are tax deductible. Relay is such a worthy cause, because cancer is rampant and does not discriminate when it comes to who is affects. Please consider a donation in honor of your loved one who is battling or has battled cancer, or in memory of your loved one who lost the fight!

Well, I have lots of stuff to get done before the meeting Tuesday, so I must stop blogging now!

TTFN,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers! I reply to comments by email, so make sure that you're not a "no-reply blogger." Due to the enormous amount of spam comments that I have been receiving, you must now login with a Google of OpenID account to comment. If you'd like to comment and you do not have one of those accounts, feel free to send me a tweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails